The Life and Times of Bitsy Ramone

I want to tell you a story. I want to tell you about my life or at least the soundtrack to it. Music is the largest part of my life. It's all about discovering and re-discovering music and perhaps a little bit of myself on the way. This will be done through words and videos and reminisces from the past and present. Along with the usual gig reviews and pictures, we shall be interviewing people about their influences too.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Hi There, My Name is Bitsy



Hi There,

I have started a new blog (my first one being The Bookseller to the Stars) where I am going to post exclusively about music in the future as I was getting bored and frustrated with the subjects I was covering over there. So rather than change tack, here I am making a fresh start.

Last April, I was fortunate enough through my job to meet one of The Ramones. Marky came into the bookshop I work in. I was pretty much floored by his prescence and along with trying to find the non-existant book he was looking for, I shook myself out of my overwhelming glee enough to get him to sign a copy of Everett True's fantastic biography about the band. In response to that experience, author Cornelia Read christened me with my Ramones name, Bitsy (after BTTS) in case you were all wondering.

On this blog, I want to tell you a story. I want to tell you about my life or at least the soundtrack to it. Music is the largest part of my life. There is always something playing somewhere, either on an Ipod Nano. I know what I like and I also tend to know what is good and what is just mind numbing corporate chart toss.

Amongst other things, I will be revisiting a few things from the last blog as I wrote quite a bit about music or posted lots of gig pictures over the last two years as well as new ones beginning with The Dresden Dolls and Rancid next month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home