The Life and Times of Bitsy Ramone

I want to tell you a story. I want to tell you about my life or at least the soundtrack to it. Music is the largest part of my life. It's all about discovering and re-discovering music and perhaps a little bit of myself on the way. This will be done through words and videos and reminisces from the past and present. Along with the usual gig reviews and pictures, we shall be interviewing people about their influences too.

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Your Monday Morning WakeUp Call



Faith No More “What A Day” (MtV Most Wanted)

The first MMWUC of this new music blog and the only way I could have started this is with Faith No More and an album track with my favourite album of theirs. MTV Most Wanted with Ray Cokes and his love for FNM was one of the major things that turned me back onto rock music in the early 90s. This was before the days of "Gonzo" with Zane Lowe and even his predecessor, Eddy Temple-Morris, who was an excellent replacement for Cokes. The "King for a Day, Fool for a Lifetime" album was an aggressive reply to a chart success that was "Angel Dust" and the split with guitarist, Jim Martin. It's fantastically new wave and brilliant. The critics hated the album but we all loved it.

For other Monday Morning WakeUp Calls, visit The Bookseller to the Stars

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home