The Life and Times of Bitsy Ramone

I want to tell you a story. I want to tell you about my life or at least the soundtrack to it. Music is the largest part of my life. It's all about discovering and re-discovering music and perhaps a little bit of myself on the way. This will be done through words and videos and reminisces from the past and present. Along with the usual gig reviews and pictures, we shall be interviewing people about their influences too.

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Breaking the Law, Breaking the Law...

In this week's pre-budget report, Gordon Brown relaxed the copyright laws enabling us to download our already purchased CDs into our ipods and similar media players, which is a very welcome move which I know was probably promoted after he bought a discounted Proclaimers Greatest Hits, but I think a lot of us with full Ipods of Cds we have already purchased were like,

"Huh, you mean all this time I was essentially breaking the law?"

I realise that this outdated principle has been changed because it's really a bit silly and its just really a matter of tying up loose ends of existing laws that need to also keep up with the times and technology but I couldn't help but wonder if Itunes were aware of this. There is quite clearly an "Import CD" button on your software that invites you to download your CDs onto your player, so assuming Apple are not retards, why is this company seemingly inviting us to break the law?

But this is not just a question of the reality of catching upto modern day life, for years the sales of blank tapes and CDs have been a bit sketchy, a bit of a grey area, they are there in the shops but surely what I do with them when I get home is (and I still assume still is) illegal. I don't get it.

Do they expect us to buy the tools to break the law and just sit at home and polish them? I mean, really... get a fucking grip and just make it clear...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home