The Life and Times of Bitsy Ramone

I want to tell you a story. I want to tell you about my life or at least the soundtrack to it. Music is the largest part of my life. It's all about discovering and re-discovering music and perhaps a little bit of myself on the way. This will be done through words and videos and reminisces from the past and present. Along with the usual gig reviews and pictures, we shall be interviewing people about their influences too.

Saturday, December 16, 2006

The King of Flop

I only just got around looking into this because I knew what a fiasco it would be, which is why I politely told my girlfriend, "No..." to her pleas to my musical obsessiveness to part with 2 times £200 to go and see the great Michael Jackson play her precious "Thriller" one more time. To those silly fucks who paid more and upwards of that to see your precious King of Pop the one last time, here's a little reminder of why his career is now over, though it actually pains me to say it because he made some really great records. Painful.

PS.. Beyonce, Girlfriend... God didn't buy one of your Tina Turner Rip Off records, not one...



From the equally great Wikipedia:

On November 15, 2006, Michael Jackson received the Diamond Award, for selling over 100 million albums, at the World Music Awards. This was his second public appearance at an awards show since the trial of 2005. Despite substantial publicity prior to the event, he did not perform "Thriller", limiting his performance to "one verse and one chorus" of "We are the World". Coverage of the event noted that Jackson "looked uncomfortable at times" and called the appearance "an unhappy return to the London stage."

According to the head of public relations for the World Music Awards (Julius Just), the sound was cut due to a noise curfew. Officials at Earl's Court, the arena where the event was held, have said that this was not the case and that they had "accommodated the show and the show's organisers by obtaining an extension to our licence in order to allow the show to run to eleven o'clock."[

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home