The Life and Times of Bitsy Ramone

I want to tell you a story. I want to tell you about my life or at least the soundtrack to it. Music is the largest part of my life. It's all about discovering and re-discovering music and perhaps a little bit of myself on the way. This will be done through words and videos and reminisces from the past and present. Along with the usual gig reviews and pictures, we shall be interviewing people about their influences too.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Reading 2006 Highlights



“Pin”/”Gold Lion”/”Maps” by Yeah Yeah Yeahs (Friday)



“Nancy Boy” by Placebo (Sunday)

Last time I saw this band, I guess it was Leeds Festival 2000 and it fucking poured down for their set and they didn’t play this song so I feel a bit better. Their set included a 10minute break where they had a technical problem and they turned the camera on the girls in the crowd who felt it nescessary to lift their shirts. A bit boring and gratuitous but nobody was complaining, I guess. The band didn’t look too impressed though.



My Chemical Romance being bottled at the beginning of their set. I don’t care much for the band and neither did the Slayer fans who hung around and felt as if they should make their feelings clear about this rookie band being above them in the bill. Fair play to them for actually winning the crowd over but their music was a bit whiny for me. (Sunday)



“All My Best Friends are Metalheads” by Less Than Jake (Sunday)



“Baba O’Riley” by Pearl Jam (Sunday)

Also some pics from my other blog from the festival:

Placebo
Bodycount
Bouncing Souls
Gogol Bordello
Peaches
Pearl Jam
Lightyear
Dresden Dolls and Less Than Jake
The Fall
Be Your Own Pet




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home