The Life and Times of Bitsy Ramone

I want to tell you a story. I want to tell you about my life or at least the soundtrack to it. Music is the largest part of my life. It's all about discovering and re-discovering music and perhaps a little bit of myself on the way. This will be done through words and videos and reminisces from the past and present. Along with the usual gig reviews and pictures, we shall be interviewing people about their influences too.

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Your Monday Morning WakeUp Call

Brazilian kids rock!!!



This Monday, we have a couple of kids from Brazil "fucking shit up" on behalf of their countrymen and heroes Sepultura. This is really cool, check them out.

For Brazilian thrash enthusiasts like me, here is what the real thing is supposed to sound like. Sepultura appeared on one of my favourite shows, The Word which was slagged off a lot for being crap and crude but at one point it was the only place to watch decent live music on terrestrial TV. Not one of their best moments, they came up with this belittling moment where they treated their fans like "wild animals" and caged them up before releasing them. It actually provided for a pretty cool TV moment as the opening chords of "Refuse/Resist" rang out. I for one, as a musically impressionable 16 year old thought it was fucking awesome at the time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home